Sunday, December 10, 2017

December Snow

 It hardly ever snows in December around here so yesterday was a treat.



It started out slow but by nightfall we had a couple of inches of the fluffy stuff. I was beyond happy.



 The tree went up. I never put it up this early but it was the thing to do.



 The Santa puzzle was put out. I got the border done watching White Christmas.




 Santa kept a watch over the proceedings and wondered why I haven't fixed his nose yet. Every year I say I am going to.



 I am ashamed to say I got into the fruitcake. Nothing else would do and I had to stop myself from making cookies. Snow or no snow-it's way too early for that.



If the snow wasn't enough, look what The Mister found in the mailbox. Gorgeous fiber and squee worthy sock yarn from Val plus a fabulous sock book from Kathy B that I've had my eye on for a while. It was like Christmas morning in here all afternoon. Thanks ladies!!!!

7 comments:

  1. Snow and presents! It’s definitely Christmas at your house. Love it all.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you'll be all set for the coldest days to come. You have PLENTY of yarn and a book to check out.

    Happy knitting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awwww-nothing like some snow to tease that Christmas song out of your heart!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad is arrived safe! Your place is much more Christmasy than mine. Though they say the snow is on its way.

    ReplyDelete
  5. wanted to tell you I got my soaps, how perfectly holiday they are. Thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely treats for a lovely friend. That snow looks beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So happy you like the book. I looked all the way through it before i Sent it. I Loved some of the patterns. ENJOY

    ReplyDelete