Monday, August 14, 2017

For What It's Worth

For What It's Worth. That's the title of a Buffalo Springfield song I've had on repeat for weeks now. I feel like I'm reliving the 60's and the soundtrack of the era keeps playing in my head.



Ohio by CSN&Y is in there too even though the 60's are long over. Lessons were learned. People shouldn't be dying in the streets. Not here. Not anywhere.



No one should be fighting Nazis. We did that already too. We won.



Your dads and granddads were proud to do their part to ensure freedom for all of us.




For all of us. One nation, under god, indivisible..



..with liberty and justice for all. For what it's worth........




10 comments:

  1. I truly thought that we had made progress towards equality for all and then January 20th came and progress went back to the dark ages. I know that the people propogating the violence are responsible for their own actions, but I can't help but think they've been fueled by the Idiot in Chief.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's all pure insanity. I don't know what else to call it.
    Blessings my sweet friend,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Why isn't this obvious to everyone? Especially our president!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My heart just breaks about this. Channon in C'ville was just so broken from this.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I guess what bothers/puzzles me more than anything is why MORE people - especially in our govt - are not appalled. SPEAK UP. DO SOMETHING. Don't sit in your office and worry about the wording of your statement.

    ReplyDelete
  6. All I can do it sit here and shake my head. I hate to be a pessimist, but I really makes me wonder if people EVER learn.
    The only thing that keeps me positive is knowing there are people like you who do speak up, and do know the difference between right and wrong.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is with a very heavy heart that I share and agree with all the thoughts expressed in the comments above. Most expecialy those of Dee and Bridget. It's well past the time for those in the Republican party around him to stop this evil man. The blood of those who lost their lives on Sat. is on them and all thoe who are still supporting him.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think the idiocy started again 8 year ago when everyone was told they could have it all without working for it; when you don't work for it, you don't value anything and no one has any respect for each other or themselves. I am horrified by the hate out there. No one remembers the cost of all this hate......

    ReplyDelete
  9. I could not agree with you more. What is going on? My head has been heavy and my heart as well. And as the week has progressed it has not gotten better.

    ReplyDelete