Monday, July 31, 2017

Back to Business


The Welcome Quilt is done and on its way to Chicago. I made a little card for the recipient. Enclosed is the form that you fill out where you talk about your own immigration story. Instead of my story I wrote about my Star Spangled Grandbaby who wouldn't be here if it weren't for visas and green cards and such. How lucky we are to be in an area of such great diversity. His Asian heritage has certainly enriched the life of this American Nai-Nai (Chinese for grandmother).


 Now that the quilt is off the dining table I can get back to my little chicken. I needed to cut more strips so I can move onto her cute little face.



 She's coming along nicely I think.



 It takes me awhile to get the hang of it after a long break but it's easy to pull out and re-do. If only knitting were that easy.


7 comments:

  1. Love the quilt and card. That chicken looks lovely me more work than I want to do. Good for you!!!
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a perfect card to go with that beautiful quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your welcome quilt is so lovely. I love the idea. Love the whole movement. I think you card is wonderful , Keep Shining Bright . You are a light that shines bright for me Deb!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I forgot how sweet that chicken is! I know, I have the rug hooking bug again after working/washing all my Gram's rugs....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome chicken....yay for easy redos....and yay for diversity! It definately makes the world a better place.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The quilt is lovely and I'm sure it, and your story will make someone's day!

    Love little chickie too!

    ReplyDelete