Wednesday, March 22, 2017

Stitching the Day Away

 I spent Sunday at the sewing table with the mini quilt and a new project.


 I've been doing a lot of hand appliquing and am so glad I had the good sense to buy all the thread that matched the fabric when I bought it from Connecting Threads years ago. I need to do that all the time. Note to self.


I wanted a table runner to match the latest quilt since I don't have a spring one. It wasns't hard to put one together with the scraps and leftover hexies.




That runner went in production as soon as I had this finished. I like it. I don't love it but it was fast and easy. I can fiddle with something more complex when I have more time. I have plenty of this material left.

7 comments:

  1. Finished and enjoying it goes a long way in my book. This looks wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty and cheerful. You certainly are a "Jill of all Trades!" I can't believe how many different things you do.

    ReplyDelete
  3. All those big colorful spools of thread are such a joyful sight!! Love the quilt and the table runner to match is perfection.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The colors are really to my liking! Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, even if you don't "love it," I do! What a great idea to make a matching runner. Perfect.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love it. You are just amazing with all that you get done.

    ReplyDelete