Monday, December 12, 2016

Holiday Fail

 In the wee hours of Saturday morning I finally got all the critters settled in and found myself wide awake in front of the TV which was streaming holiday movies. Sweet. I got a lot done on my sock. I was past the heel and I was very pleased with myself until.....



 ...something in my brain was setting off a warning alarm in this particular area. Of course, I kept on knitting.



 Then in a moment of intense horror I realized that the color patterns were off. I thought it was very clever of the dyers to make a pattern that was random. Duh. I should have known better. A quick check on Ravlery and I saw right away I had troubles. Big troubles.




 Way back in the middle of that weird pattern I remembered there was a glitch, something I thought was a bad twist in the ply. It was not. Upon closer examination it is actually a knot. Arghhhhh....the yarn had been tied in the wrong place to continue the pattern. Grrrr.....I should have known better.



Rip. Rip. Rip. Now I will have to toss this part and start all over while hoping I have enough of the blankety blank yarn to get a pair of socks. Maybe next Christmas. I'm over this at the moment.



Ho, ho, ho.....not to be Debbie Downer, I'll end this tale of woe with my cute little gnome who was keeping me company during my photo shoot. I made him years ago and he guards my weaving stash. I have a kit to make another. I think he needs a girlfriend.

11 comments:

  1. First of all your little gnome is very sweet and I agree that he would probably be happy with a girlfriend. Second, I'm so sorry about the sock. I know how disappointing that is when you're zipping right along and then boom! It doesn't do any good now to say that probably no one but you would have had any idea that there was anything wrong with the sock! :-)
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, that is so horrible, I hate that when the yarn gets tied on and it is the wrong pattern. well all sounded peaceful with your weekend until that happened.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I once got to the toe of a sock and realized I'd never added the heel. And I hate tube socks ...

    Your gnome is cute - I'm sure he would enjoy a friend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't lose the love for the socks! I have some of this I can send you and so you will have plenty of yarn and time to finish it before Christmas!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a sweet gnome. Yes, a friend is in order for him. Sorry about your sock - how frustrating!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would have left it -but I don't mind random mismatched socks.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Knots are maddening, for sure! Love that adorable gnome.

    ReplyDelete
  8. There. outta. be a law.....against such knots! Ugh. Your gnome is just so dang cute. Glad you were not alone!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh darn, sorry to hear all that work had to be frogged. I'd definitely be over it, too. Cute gnome!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm sorry that knot got the best of you. I probably would've just kept going, ha! They are lovely though. I do love a Christmas sock and that gnome is too cute!

    ReplyDelete