Sunday, June 26, 2016

Sunday Soap: While the Cat's Away


 I'm still on my quest to use up all last year's fragrances so while The Mister was out and about I came up with two more re-do's this week. First was a scent that is supposed to smell like grapes, plums and musk. I don't know about that but I like it. It's of my favorites.



Then there was Flowering Herb which got an extra splash of lavender. I was all about simple stripes this week after I watched a video of someone showing how it's done. Even I couldn't mess this up.




 I had intended to make more cold processed soap while The Mister was away at a golf tournament yesterday but I was too zonked from the funeral. I opted to melt and pour some glycerin soap instead.



 Man I hate cutting this stuff. I can't get it straight to save my life even with a $40 soap cutter.


 Crooked or not, they're not too bad. These are two new soap bases sold by WSP, my go-to online soap source.  The orange is Americana Citrus and the green is Australian Tea Tree. Both are lovely. I added some kaolin clay and activated charcoal to the white bases which are coconut milk for the orange and goat's milk for the green.



As pretty as they are as whole bars, no one needs that big a hunk of soap for their face. It will go all peculiar before you have a chance to use it up so I cut them in half.




The really big chore is wrapping it all in plastic. In the summer, glycerin will attract moisture from the air resulting in dew drops on the surface. It's not a bad thing, in fact it's a good thing but it doesn't make for a very pretty package. Speaking of packages, now they all still have to be slipped into bags and labeled-but that's a job for another day.

8 comments:

  1. The little swirly bits are so cute!

    Looks like the little ol' soap maker had a grand time while the Mister was away! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty. I can't believe the beauty I. Your soap.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have been very busy, your soap is beautiful.
    Hugs,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice to see how confident you are becoming on the soaping front!

    ReplyDelete
  5. As always, they look amazing! You are the Soap Queen. Queen of Soap? Queen of Suds?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow it all looks amazing! I love the plummy stripe one, looks like marble cake, good enough to eat!
    Jillxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. That first one is really neat looking!

    ReplyDelete