Wednesday, June 15, 2016

June Paperwork

I broke the bank this month buying stamps and dies to make labels for wrapping soap.


 Now that I have the Mini Misti I can line up the printing with the stamps perfectly.


 The two sets I bought also had matching dies so cutting them out with the Cuttlebug is a cinch.



I can get through a lot of little samples now in no time at all.



The big bars are also done in a flash. This is so much better than the program I was using. I can have fun with this.


 As for the card kit, I came up with two more copycat samples thanks to YouTube and the brilliant designers at Simon Says Stamp.



The orange one is made by using gold glitter embossing powder. It really sparkles in the light.



The black one shimmers in the light. It is made with black and clear embossing powders and then painted with Perfect Pearls.



The kit I found on Amazon was a bit dark for the black paper. It looks better in the colors used by the designer but I have yet to find them for a price I am willing to pay.



When I was sponging on the ink for the orange card I realized I actually had very few colors of ink in my stash so I started a collection with this nice set from Memento that I found on Amazon. Now I have to figure out where I am going to put them all. My paper stash is starting to look like my yarn stash, and my spinning stash, and my weaving stash....etc. Positively out of control.


7 comments:

  1. The cards are BEAUTIFUL!

    Maybe it's time to look for a larger house???? LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your paper crafting is exceptional. My husband could not believe you do the labels yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Incredible labels! You always need the right tools for the best results-wow!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Your cars are beautiful and the labels look so professional. You are truly amazing.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well I think it is wonderful that you have so many beloved hobbies. You share your knowledge and crafts with so many!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your work is beautiful my friend.
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete