Friday, December 25, 2015

Making Merry

 While I'm off celebrating with family, I'll leave you with some scenes from our winter solstice night walk on at the beach.


 We got there just as the lights were coming on. It was chilly. It felt like December. It doesn't today. It's in the 70's again. Boo.



 Whenever I get a case of Grinch fever during the holidays the memorial benches bring me to my senses.

 They are tenderly decorated and cared for. Many are dedicated to children. It breaks my heart.


 The houses that front the beach are lovely. If I could afford the flood insurance I'd have one.



 On that darkest of nights, there were lights everywhere.


 The pier is breathtaking.


 As is the giant tree.


 Town hall is splendiferous from all sides.


 The giant crab pot tree is....um, er....interesting. It's become a town tradition so I'm happy to see it shining bright in all it's wonky glory.



Wouldn't my train crazed grandson love to see this. The train museum is always a joy to behold. Maybe next year.

Happy Christmas everyone!

8 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing the lights. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Merry Christmas to you and those important to you! Beautiful scenes....

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so lovely!

    Merry Christmas to you and yours!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful place for a winter walk! I love that North Beach clock! It all looks so festive. That pet stroller would come in handy for Little Louie on longer walks...I must invest in one....his little legs get a real workout. :-) Merry Christmas to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great photos! Did you see the Christmas moon; even our clouds couldn't hide it!

    ReplyDelete