Thursday, December 10, 2015

Anniversary of an Obsession

 It's hard to believe that it's only been one year since I first made soap. Last Christmas, The Mister and I decided it might be fun to make a few bars for the family and the rest is history. I was hooked.


 It's certainly a hobby that takes over your house.


 At the moment, along with everything else I've got going on, The Mister and I are making 60 glycerin soaps for the Meals on Wheels organization in his mom's neighborhood. That's my new gingerbread mold. Isn't it cute? My new gingerbread fragrance is heavenly. I can't wait to make some silky cold processed soap with it.



 We've got a regular little factory going. It won't take us long to get this done.




I did get a bit sidetracked with making some lotion bars. I made some for the dogs itchy spots and I loved them so much I wanted some for myself and as gifts for my skating friends.



I've also been wrapping up the Christmas cupcakes. That's easier said than done. Being an odd shape, it was hard to figure out just how to wrap them.



Six weeks ago I thought I had made tons of holiday soap but it's almost all gone already. This is it. My drying racks and shelves are empty. I've got nothing left holiday or otherwise. Now I've got something to look forward to once the holidays are over-making soap for spring. Six weeks (the curing time for soap) from mid January is..... almost March!

6 comments:

  1. This looks like so much fun. Your bars are so gorgeous I just want to eat them! I am so tempted to give this a try.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have become a factory-you are turning out beautiful product! Those gingerbread men are amazing; well all of it is incredible. You have found your niche!
    (Can you share your lotion bar recipe?)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't believe it's only been a year as well! I know I've said it, but I adore your soap and I have really enjoyed following your adventures on this new craft of yours. This set of Christmas work looks so good and pretty and professional -- even the packaging looks great. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are a wonderful soap maker. PUppy soap! What a great idea. Meals on Wheels soap...that is so kind and generous. YOu rock.

    ReplyDelete
  5. They are all so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your soaps. Can you share the recipe for the lotion bars?

    ReplyDelete