Sunday, November 8, 2015

Sunday Soap

 My last cupcakes turned out much better than the last gloppy bunch. They smell like hot buttered rum. Yum.


 The peppermint soap turned out decently. Keeping it simple is the way to go. I just poured in the colors and stirred it up a bit with a spoon. No more fancy swirl techniques for me.



 I used the hot buttered rum in a loaf too. It really heated up on me and now I have nice glycerin rivers giving it a very interesting texture. You can't really see it in the photos but it has an all over crackle look. I like it.


This week I also have four loaves ready for testing and wrapping. That's pumpkin pie starting at the top, pumpkin soy latte, yogurt, oatmeal and honey plus the lovely coconut lime. I'll put them to the ph and the lather tests as soon as I get a minute. I'm still up to my elbows in gingerbread-of the felted variety.

7 comments:

  1. I love your soaps! It's hard to believe those aren't real cupcakes ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent break from the sewing pressures!
    These soaps are superb!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your soaps are so pretty and the scents sound lovely. I'm tempted to give soap-making a try!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty! Those cupcake soaps turned out very well indeed! But really just a great batch. When's that etsy store opening?!?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love those cupcakes; they don't look like soap! Your latest batches look awesome.

    ReplyDelete