Thursday, September 24, 2015

In Search of Fall

The Mister and I celebrated the first day of fall with a trip to town.

 Our town, being a beach town, was still decked out for summer tourists. Pup took advantage.



 There wasn't a lot of tourists on this spectacular afternoon but there were a lot of birds.


 They were everywhere a bird could perch.



See what I mean?


It was like that scene in the schoolyard in The Birds only without all the mayhem.




 It might not have looked or felt much like fall but this pumpkin scone and a cup of pumpkin spice coffee from Sweet Sue's Bakery begged to differ. It sure tasted like fall.


 The giant chocolate chip cookie wasn't too bad either.


Neither was the salt water taffy from the little candy shop.


 Some of the little shops were starting the seasonal changeover.



 I've walked these streets many times but never noticed this house with the giant flower before. I like it.


 Back at home I stuck a few fake leaves in the door wreath.


I've never had pumpkin spiced coffee but after reading about it on so many blogs I had to get some and try it. I'm hooked. I normally hate flavored coffees or teas but this stuff is seriously good.
Happy fall!

3 comments:

  1. Pretty pictures!

    I just bought some Dunkin' Donuts Pumpkin Spice ground coffee. With a splash of almond milk, it was pretty good and better for me than the super-sweet one at Starbucks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great day-the birds sure were plentiful!
    would love to have that big flower stuck on a tree in my yard! You picked some good treats-enjoy the coffee!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lots of fall love here. Sounds like you had a really pleasant outing. All those seagulls make me think of Finding Nemo, "Mine! Mine!" hehe. I love the wreath and all the fall treats. Pup is too funny in that picture hamming it up. or Pupping it up I suppose :)

    ReplyDelete