Friday, September 4, 2015

A Whole Lot of Crazy


 For some insane reason when I cast on my first Undine I didn't take note of exactly where I started. All I had to go on was the yarn I had snipped off from the tail.


It was an easy striped pattern which should have been easy to match in the second sock if I had started in an obvious place. In my haste to cast on, I just started where the skein started. I know better. That's a rookie mistake.

 I spent an entire afternoon casting on one way or another trying to get an exact match on the second sock.


 I was always off by a bit too much. I used math. I used tape. I finally cast on with waste yarn, measured it and used that for a gauge.


 Close enough.


Now to do something about that toe. When I get to the second toe, this one is history.


6 comments:

  1. I still make that mistake once in a while; our haste makes waste! The sock is going to be lovely! Happy knitting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha - you sound just like my mom - she'll do whatever it takes to make her socks match!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Trouble trouble trouble, but they will be worth it. THey are such a great fall color: corn stalks, harvest gold and fallen leaves....

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't have a very good track record for matching stripes on socks. Your socks will look lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice! I like the way the purled rows add texture. You did a great and creative match job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You're such an overachiever! I love all the different methods you applied! You just had to make it match, it is lovely yearn though.

    ReplyDelete