Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Delighted!

 This is the real deal. This is soap made the old fashioned way with oil and lye. The whole idea of it scares me to death but I'm determined I am going to do this one day. Delighted Hands sent me two bars from her recent batches and I couldn't have been more surprised-and delighted.


 Real soap doesn't have to be wrapped in plastic. The air cures it and makes it hard and mild. Look at the swirly tops. You can't do that with soap of the melt and pour variety. I really need to learn to do this.



She told me that one of the bars wasn't quite ready yet, meaning it needs to sit and cure for a spell. Supposedly you can touch your tongue to under cured soap and get a zap that tells you the lye is still active. There wasn't much zap left in this one but it was a good learning experience to feel the slight difference between the two.

Thanks so much Delighted Hands. They are much appreciated!

3 comments:

  1. Yay! Enjoy the super enriching oils and lather! You can make your own lye soap, too, really you can; you've got the flare to make some incredible bars!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have come to the conclusion that hand made soaps are the best. I just wish the closest place to get them wasn't so far away from where I live ...

    ReplyDelete
  3. what? The tongue thing is crazy! How Cool!

    ReplyDelete