Monday, April 27, 2015

Hallelujah!

 Notice anything?



 No band aid. It's been 134 days since I had a naked thumb. It's not pretty but it works. I cried big ole tears when the last of the dead nail fell off. It was such a relief.


After the tears was jubilation. I could use both hands again. I washed my hair. I washed the dogs. I washed the dishes. I cleaned up my messy room. I cleaned up everything. I slept all night without something weird going on. I could use a q-tip to itch my ears. Try using one in your left hand. It's dangerous.

I can do lots of things I couldn't do before but there is still one thing I can't do yet. I need a few weeks of nail growth before me and Miss Luna get reacquainted. It's going to be awful for my poor left hand. I had just gotten over the sore fingers deal and now I have to start over. It's always something.


6 comments:

  1. Hooray! Have a fun right-thumb day!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! now you can get back to building those guitar calluses... it amazes me what Dave can put his fingers through because they are so tough from playing guitar!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have you seen Braveheart? "Freeee-dom!!!" hahahaha!

    Congratulations lady. I love the photo of you and your naked thumb. ha! I feel dirty. Enjoy. Oh the things you can do faster and craftier now! I'm scared of you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well this calls for a celebration! IM so happy for you

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hurrah! As you know, I smashed my thumb, too, and it sounds like yours was much like mine. Smashed in December and almost all better by the end of April. That was 5 years ago, and I'm a lot more careful around car doors now. So glad you're all better!

    ReplyDelete