Friday, June 13, 2014

The Good, the Bad and the Ugly

First, the good. Winston, the Shetland fleece, spun up into a gorgeous little sample.




 Then he knit up into this lovely swatch.


I think I see the beginning of a beautiful friendship.



 As for the bad, I can honestly say I did not enjoy spinning this Cormo/Silk blend. It was lumpy and sticky and I had to fight it every inch of the way. It also bled like....well, like something that bleeds teal and gold all over the place. It was a mess to wash.


It's also ugly. I should have known that when teal mixes with orange you get a color that's hard to describe. It's an ugly greenish gold but not as pretty as green or gold. It looks better in this photo than it does in real life. Trust me. It's ugly. Having said that, I am pretty sure I am going to go knit something with it just to see what it does. I could be wrong. It wouldn't be the first time.






4 comments:

  1. The Shetland is very, very nice-wow on the swatch on steroids! Now you h ave to knit the gold/teal yarn so we can all see how it turns out! How much yardage is there?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmmmm....good question. It was only 2 oz of fiber so it's not a lot.

      Delete
  2. What does it mean that I LIKE that skein?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Winston looks great - can't wait to see what you do with him. And i bet that orange yarn will surprise you!

    ReplyDelete