Friday, May 30, 2014

The Dreaded Deed is Done

 Wednesday Maggie went to the vets to get "it" done. She came home a pretty miserable pup.


 In fact, the vet called and said to come and get her early because she was raising such a fuss there that they were worried about her.


 She settled down at home after lots of dramatic carrying on.


 She was sent home with a cone but she went all hysterical if we tried to put it on her so I sat up all night making sure she didn't lick anything that she shouldn't.


She also can't jump or climb on things for two weeks (!) so we made a big blanket and pillow bed on the floor where I'll be spending all my time trying to keep her calm. Today she is back to being full of wiggles and I'm at my wits end with her. Already her little incision area is starting to look iffy. I can see yet another trip to the vet's in my future. Darn dog.


7 comments:

  1. She will heal quickly. She is so glad to be home! Bedside vigil seems to be your calling again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Will she wear a t shirt? That might keep her away from it.
    Its a BIG surgery for the girls. Keep her quiet!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We think alike! I just bought her two cute onesies and so far it's working to keep her away from her incision.

      Delete
  3. Poor pup!

    Tux wasn't having a good night last night either, so I slept downstairs on the very uncomfortable futon with him. The things we do for our babies.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So sorry to hear about Tux. I hope he's feeling better soon!

      Delete
  4. Pups just don't understand the benefits of a few slow, restful days. Hope she's feeling better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. how did I miss this. Now I know what your doing on the floor!

    ReplyDelete