Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Serendipity

 I recovered from the shock of having to pull out all of those stitches and now have regained momentum by concentrating on just one color thread at a time.


I had been working one motif at a time but I find that by laying a good foundation in a single color dark enough for these tired eyes to see, I could actually get more done at a sitting and make less mistakes. I'm sure you experts knew this all along but as usual, I've been making it up as I go.



 I also treated myself to a new fancy lap hoop.


Even better, that giant boo boo caused me to find, quite by accident, this incredible sheep sampler that I can't wait to get started on. That cloud certainly had a silver lining.

4 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness! Where did you get that sheep sampler? I want one - it would be a great christmas present to make for Mom.

    When I cross stitch, I always try to do one colour at once... but sometimes I get bored and just have to switch to another colour.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow you really got back on that cross-stitch horse after that rip-back, you're tough stuff. I'd still be licking my wounds and whining somewhere. I am in love with the sheep sampler. I've never seen a fancy lap hoop like that, it must be easier on the posture.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Baa baa love it. I want that hoop for Pie to jump through!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! So glad you see the silver lining! You have found your stride now!

    ReplyDelete