Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Let the Summer Begin

This Memorial Day was a special one for our little family. Number One Son's better half is now a US citizen.


 Her journey began in China, then continued to France and lucky for us, she ended up here in the Washington DC area.

To say she has made a difference in all our lives is an understatement.


This one contribution says it all for me. I can't imagine life without him.


 We celebrated the way we always do-with lots of food.


 We have vegans, vegetarians, gluten free folk and plain old omnivores to feed so it's always a feast.


The Mister and I drove home stuffed to the gills. Next time we gather to celebrate I will wear one of my tent dresses.


It was a bittersweet day because Number Two Son has taken a job in Michigan and will be leaving soon so it will be a long time until I have all three kids in the same place again.


I've never been to Michigan so this could be a chance for a big adventure. I've been trying to talk The Mister into a small RV to do some traveling with the dogs and this just might tip the argument in my favor.

8 comments:

  1. Did you say road trip?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I understand about bittersweet-my babies are spread near and far; thank goodness for Skype!!
    I laughed at the tent dress plans-I used to wear one when I was a child-I loved it but I was so skinny they used to say I was the tent pole! Not anymore....

    ReplyDelete
  3. you will love Michigan. A great state.
    Hooray for your daughter in law!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like a fantastic and tasty Memorial Day weekend with your family. I hope it's not too long till you are all together soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like a fun family celebration!

    ReplyDelete
  6. congrats to your daughter in law!
    RV
    road trip
    yes yes yes

    ReplyDelete