Friday, May 23, 2014

Columbus: Knitting, Napping and Working Out

 Daughter and I left for Columbus Sunday afternoon and arrived just before midnight.


 She was attending a US Figure Skating conference for program directors. I was tagging along.


 The only plans I had for the week was to sit and knit.



 The view from my 12th story window was nothing to write home about.


In fact, the hotel itself was not very interesting to look at but I couldn't have cared less.



 My only other plan was to stay in my pajamas as much as possible.


Thanks to Daddio and new Pup, I had months of sleep to catch up on. I took as many naps as I could fit into a day on my big comfy bed.


The whole trip would have been perfect if I hadn't caught a glimpse of myself au naturel in the big bathroom mirror. Two months of stress eating had certainly taken a toll and I was horrified and feeling guilty.


The seven hour car ride there had consisted of unbridled road food gluttony-and gasp...a real coke.


When I wasn't knitting or sleeping I was dancing and jogging around the room trying to undo some damage.


I did a lot of knit walking. It was 20 steps from the bathroom to the window and back again. I probably didn't lose a pound but I did a lot of knitting. Tomorrow I'll show you how much.















4 comments:

  1. I saw the Twizzlers in your post. The pull apart kind have always been a staple for us on any road trip. And the tradition has now carried on to my grown sons. Funny how little things like a pack of sweet chewy goodies can bring back some great family memories.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The rest was good for you;the shaping up can be remedied later!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad you were able to get some time to yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad you had this week to rest and enjoy your knitting. Walking and knitting. Well I have never tried that!

    ReplyDelete