Monday, March 17, 2014

The Wearing of the Green

I was hoping to wear my Elm Street socks for St Patrick's Day but that's not going to happen. Not this year anyway.  Even though I am knee deep in the orange shawl, March is such a dismal month that I needed a small diversion from the winter that won't end.


That brilliant green has been calling to me for weeks now so I cast them on with a promise to myself that I can only work on them after the day's allotment of orange has been completed. 



 After those long rows of orange these itty bitty rows of lacy green are a relief.



It's still cold as you know what here and it's snowing (!) as I write this. Usually we would be planting in the garden this time of year but it's still covered with its winter coat of compost. The calendar says spring is only a few days away but Mother Nature apparently hasn't gotten the message.


 Stuck inside, I'm making myself happy with a big bowl of warm veggies....


 ...and a six pack of gooey happiness.

Happy St. Patrick's Day!














4 comments:

  1. Incredible green socks would be a perk at any time! Spring is coming...the robins are starting to leave us here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The socks look great so far! We definitely need more green in the world.

    ReplyDelete
  3. No crocus here yet.. YOURS are a glorious sign of hope for me! Love the green sock color and the frosting!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. wonderful greens .. frosting and socks a lovely mix.
    Happy St Patty's Day back at you!

    ReplyDelete