Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Woolly Wednesday: More Gulf Coast Blues

I made quick work of all that newly dyed fiber I talked about in yesterday's post.


Using my combs I made giant piles of fluff and just started cranking.


Of course I got a boo boo from the sharp combs. I always do. I keep a box of bandages in my fiber toolbox. Thank goodness my tetanus shots are up to date.


 The batts started piling up. My pumpkin harvest, which still lives on my dining room table for lack of a better home, came in handy with holding the batts together. They tend to want to roll open until they settle down.



Not bad for a few hours of work.

6 comments:

  1. Now that's a pleasing sight! I'm jealous. I need to get through all these pesky fall chores so I can partake in some fluffy fun of my own!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It all looks so lovely at this stage - I wish I could reach through the screen and give the batts a stroke like I would IRL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I laugh about tetanus shots...Whenever you go to an ER you are accosted about tetanus tetanus tetanus....
    I know no one with lock jaw! Your fibre row is beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  4. the colors are perfect. looks good enough to eat.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh gorgeous blues, ouch-y on the finger though!

    Love that last photo x

    ReplyDelete