Friday, October 11, 2013

Edge Work

 The last star I needed to hook was giving me lots of problems. It was too close to the edge.


 I decided to try and sew an extender so I could still use my hoop. It worked a bit but the fraying of the burlap presented a problem even though I had stay stitched it earlier.


 I ended up using a combination of sewn areas and safety pins.


I am still using a medium sized quilting hoop which works pretty well. It would have worked great if I had just had the sense to cut the material the right size in the first place.


Good golly...these crazy corners are not going to be fun.

2 comments:

  1. Despite your troubles, this is looking awesome - love the curlies coming out of the stars

    ReplyDelete
  2. But I LOVE it each time you show us it coming along. I LOVE the rustic look and bright colors.... go go go

    ReplyDelete