Sunday, April 28, 2013

Roadblock

I was going along quite nicely on my hooked rug when I ran across a bit of a dilemma.


My hoop has become too small. My quilting hoops are too big and my embroidery hoops are now too small. Hmmmm..... If and when I ever do this again I need to take things like this into consideration. The hooked material is very thick. Too thick to fold over and through the little hoops I have. I'll have to figure something out.This time next week I will be at the Maryland Sheep and Wool Festival where they have plenty of this stuff going on and I am hoping to not only bring home more rug hooking goodies but some knowledge as well.

3 comments:

  1. oh but I just LOVE LOVE LOVE this project of yours. It is so interesting and I love how its turing out.....
    hoops smoops....you'll find something right??

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never been to a wool festival so I will be anxiously awaiting photos! It will be interesting to see what you find for hoops for this gorgeous rug project.

    ReplyDelete
  3. there is some kind of a thing you drape them over to work on them. I just don't know what fastens them down to provide tension. Can't wait for you to figure this all out for me.

    ReplyDelete