Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Progress Report



While I am away dealing with the early morning checkup from Daddio's successful eye surgery yesterday, I thought I would share an update on a few projects that I am juggling at the moment. My little rug is still coming along nicely. I love my new hook. I am finally comfortable using it and things are going much faster now. I am heading into the uncharted territory of the background so I'm sure I will have a lot to say about that soon.


Speaking of hooking, I am still working on my little crocheted flower shawl. It is slow going because joining in my carefree manner wasn't working. It takes a lot of effort now to get things lined up just right but it has been worth it. I have one more flower to make and the second row will be done. There may be a third row. Maybe. My goal was to get this done by this year's MDSW and wear it on Day Two. Not happening.


 I am also more than halfway finished hand sewing the never-ending binding on my Serendipity quilt. I enjoy sewing down binding as a rule but enough is enough. I am ready to move on. I am also spending as much time pulling out puckers as I am binding it. My machine quilting is the pits but it is firing me up to do better next time.



I am also still loving working on my thrummed mittens. I love playing with the fiber to make the thrums. This project combines two of my favorite things in the whole wide world-fiber and knitting. Why didn't I know about this sooner? This is actually an old picture. I have finished one mitten and am now working on the second. Ditto for the Owlie mitts. Photos soon.


Last but not least, the Shaelyn shawl is ready to be cast on. I just need a quiet corner and $5 for the pattern and I'll be in business.

Thanks for all your kind comments yesterday. Daddio is always tickled when I tell him that my "blop" friends are wishing him well!

1 comment:

  1. Wow! That's a lot going on! I'm loving the little rug and the crochet work too. Such pretty colors and the crochet looks really soft. I really need to try thrummed mittens. Especially since it's snowing here again and it's not just a dusting either!!! :(

    ReplyDelete