Friday, August 24, 2012

Oh No I Didn't

After a long search, I finally found a simple reversible baby blanket pattern in all places, the library. Last weekend, while out shopping for other things, I ran into JoAnne's and snatched up what I thought was the right amount of yarn for it. Of course it wasn't. I needed one more ball. The whole time I was in line to pay, a little voice was in my head telling me to go get another one but I was too sure of myself to walk back and get it. As stupid as I felt when I got home and actually checked the pattern (the yarn is held double), the real problem was that this particular JoAnne's, the one with the correct dye lot number, was far away. Very far away. That trip back the next day felt like the longest drive I have ever made. Even worse, I spent $30 on gas for a $6 ball of yarn.

1 comment:

  1. It makes perfect sense to order on the internet when you see how much you spend on gas and frustration.

    ReplyDelete