Thursday, August 23, 2012

Daddio Update Part 2

This is the latest project Daddio has been working on. My mother loved lighthouses so when we saw this nautical themed collection at Connecting Threads we knew we had to have it.

Daddio may be in fine form when it comes to this sewing thing, but I am pretty worn out so when we went looking for a new pattern, I wanted something simple. Sewing the charm squares together is a as simple as you can get.

Then you cut the block down the middle....

 ...and then you turn it and cut each half down the middle again.

When you sew the block together it looks like you pieced lots of little squares-only you didn't. This is another brilliant pattern from The Missouri Star Quilting Company. 
In no time at all, Daddio is going to have yet another quilt top that needs to be dealt with. I keep telling him that quilting is winter work and so far he's been buying it but I am running out of time. Sooner or later cooler weather will be here and I'm going to have some serious work to do.



1 comment:

  1. Deb you and Daddio need a copy of the book, "It's Okay If You Sit on My Quilt". It's great book and the majority (if not all) are made from strips. Let me look, I may have an extra copy you can have, if you're interested.
    You get to make quilts, I get serve as tour guide!

    ReplyDelete