Sunday, June 10, 2012

Tripping Over the Finish Line

I am happy to report that my Serendipity quilt is almost done. It just needs an edging of some sort. A week ago, on a rainy Wednesday, I decided to figure out how to do this.

I was too cheap to buy anymore material so silly me decided to use all my leftover 5 inch charm squares to build a border. All was going well until I came to the corners. Me and corners never have gotten along. I gave up trying to learn how to do proper miters long ago.  I confess that the whole ordeal turned me into Ms. Crankypants.

I am still plodding along on this but as it gets bigger, it is getting even more difficult to work on. That's not a very good excuse for my lack of sewing talent, but I half wonder if I only had the space to stretch things out a bit then maybe it all wouldn't be so much of a giant headache.

2 comments:

  1. Do you have a dining room table you could spread it out and sew on temporarily? That helped me immensely when I did my son's Lego quilt last December. You definitely need a large support area on the left side of your machine as it gets bigger. I'm not a fan of quilting large objects. What a struggle!!! It's a beautiful quilt, though. You'll be pleased when it is done.

    ReplyDelete