Friday, May 25, 2012

The Light of Day

The old Lillihammer came out of the closet for the first time in over a year. The new yarn bowl needed to have something to do and this is where it could do its job best.

While working on my stranding in this mitten, I had an epiphany. If it works here it would surely work on the ancient Lillehammer which had become a real drudge to work on.

Out of shear terror, I was wrapping everything. See all the tiny bumps at the top of the photo? They are the old wraps. My yarn was always twisted and I had to switch hands all the time which is no fun. Near the stitch marker are my new floats.

I can't see any difference in the stitches from the front at all. Now the thing is a real pleasure to knit. It is practically flying off the needles-sort of. It's still a complicated pattern but I can truthfully say I really enjoy picking it up. Too bad the darn thing is too small.

No comments:

Post a Comment