Monday, April 23, 2012

Know Thy Fleece

















This is all I have left of the Corrie fleece I bought last year. It looks like a lot but what's left is pretty yucky stuff.


Or so I thought.
I usually dig through the bag and pull out all the big chunky locks like the one on the left and ignore the stringy looking ones on the right that are so dirty they appear to come from the back end of the beast. Daddio had stuffed some in the bags the day he was helping me wash and not wanting to make a big deal of it, I went ahead and washed them. When I spun them I was surprised by how different they felt. They were soft and fluffy, something Corriedale is not usually known for. It just goes to show you how little I know about fleece. Before I spend anymore money on one, I think it's time I learn.


In the meantime I have more of this yucky fleece to wash. Four bags full...and them some.

1 comment:

  1. Some of our yarns are like this - not so nice to touch at first, but once you dyed them and rinse them they feel great!

    ReplyDelete