Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Ups and Downs, Ins and Outs



I had a mini nervous breakdown at work the other day. It was pretty bad. I had my sh*t packed and was heading out the door for good when a long time colleague took the time to calm me down and readjust my perspective. During the rather emotional conversation, she noticed my scarf and asked me about its construction. I am not sure if she was really interested or just trying to get my mind on another topic. I told her to check out my blog for details so here they are:



I am not a fan of knitted scarves. Too thick, too bulky-so I weave mine on my handy little Ashford Knitter's Loom. I have the bigger one. They make a smaller version that is perfect for scarves and other small projects. If I was rich I would have both but I'm not, so I choose the larger one for more options in project sizes. I also bought the floor stand. It's optional but it makes a huge difference. Holding it in my lap was a real pain.



Right now I am working on a large throw that is made of two panels that will be sewn together. Maybe. I have no idea if this is going to work but I am sure hoping it does because I have been working on this particular project since early last spring. I really want to get it done now because now, thanks to you Beth, I really, really want to make another scarf.

No comments:

Post a Comment