Monday, December 26, 2011

Making Merry



Christmas Eve was celebrated at Son and Daughter in Law's new house. There was amazing food everywhere and this was only the appetizers.



I found it hard to believe that this was my son living in such a beautifully decorated and well kept home. He was never exactly....umm...neat.



They had a lovely tree-a real one.



I couldn't find a cruise ship ornament to give them. All I could find was this cute little tugboat.



We had plenty of beer. I bought lots of IPA thinking I would like it-I didn't. Bleh...



I discovered I could download the fireplace movie on my Kindle Fire. I love it.



Dinner was wonderful. We all brought something. Son #2 made a vegetable paella that was delicious. I brought some mediocre lasagne.



We had a strawberry banana cream cake for dessert. It was extremely yummy.



On Christmas morning, I look forward to opening the package sent to me by my French pen pal who lives in Bordeaux. He sends me amazing things and I usually send him stupid American crap.



Christmas day I went ice skating with daughter and had the time of my life. I hadn't been on the ice in several years so at first it felt very weird. A little while later it all started to come back to me and now I want to go again. Soon. The Mister and I finished the day at the movies seeing the new Mission Impossible. I didn't think I would like it but I did.



Back at home I lit the luminaries...



...threw some chestnuts in the oven to roast....



...cut a big piece of mince pie and settled in on the couch...



...with a peppermint martini and my DVD of Miracle on 34th Street.

It was the best Christmas EVER!

No comments:

Post a Comment