Saturday, December 10, 2011

It's Begining to Look a Lot Like Christmas



I am a slow starter for the holidays. I put up decorations in layers. First, the outside stuff goes up. Then, much later, the inside things get put out-a little at a time. I can't rush these things or I go into Christmas shock and become a total Scrooge about it. This year, instead of the swag I make from the branches I cut from our pines, I bought a grapevine wreath and decorated it with things I found at the craft shop. Since the hurricane, I have spent too much time dealing with tree branches so I went in another direction this year.



My vintage twinkle light came out early. I brought it out on fruitcake day to help chase away the rainy day blues.



We hang lights inside the house to shine out through the windows but no one can really see them so the lights are really for us to see inside. This is my bedroom window. It twinkles.



I'm not much of a decorator so I just toss the lights around the window ledges.



At night they look very pretty. Our tree comes later. Much later. If I have to dust it, it takes all the fun out of it so it doesn't go up until just a few days before Christmas. That way the magic hasn't worn off before the big day.

1 comment:

  1. This is making me want to get my decorations out. Maybe when I'm done my housework.

    ReplyDelete