Friday, December 2, 2011

A December Knit Along



A new project is in this bag. I am so excited!



It's the 2011 Advent Scarf KAL. I had been lurking for weeks in the group so when I found three skeins of laceweight in my stash I knew I had to join. I NEVER buy three skeins of anything. It was a sign. The idea is that you get a small piece of the pattern everyday until Christmas Eve. Doesn't that sound like fun?



There is beading involved so I pulled out the bead stash. It was hard to decide. I took them to Knit Night for a vote. They voted for the multi-colored ones on the right.



I also had to figure out how to put them on the yarn. I had never had to do this before with a crochet hook. You Tube came to the rescue once again.



Although my friends liked the brighter beads, I am going with the solid navy ones. I have never beaded a scarf before and I am not sure I am going to like it so I am opting for subtle this time around.



They do have a bit of shine to them so I will get some sparkle without any added color.
Today is day two of the pattern updates so as much as I love to sit here and play with the computer, for the next 23 days I have got to knit like the wind in order to keep up.
TTYL!

1 comment: