Wednesday, December 21, 2011

A Christmas Field Trip



It has become a tradition to visit Homestead Gardens each year on my birthday.



Daughter and I love the place.



It is part nursery and part winter wonderland.



I love to look at all the holiday plants but since I don't have a green thumb, that's as far as it goes. I just buried the Christmas cactus I brought home last year. It was dead. Really dead and I can't blame the cats.



You can spend hours looking in all the rooms.



There is a themed holiday room for everything you can imagine.



I could live there.



I was on a mission this year to get ornaments for the newlyweds. I didn't have much luck in spite of the millions of hanging shiny things.



There are so many creative displays using ordinary things in very inventive ways.



You have to remember to look up because even the ceilings are decorated with care.



Outside it is an explosion of lights. Thank goodness they haven't switched to those awful LED things yet.



Daughter and I always spend a long while outside before we leave trying to get a decent photo of us under the lights. It was freezing and also very windy so this was the best I could do this year. After all, it was the day I turned 58 and the idea of being 60 in the very near future was giving me a bad case of the heebie jeebies.

No comments:

Post a Comment