Thursday, September 29, 2011

A Very Wet Knit Night



I have a love/hate relationship with Knit Night. I love knitting with my fiber friends but I hate the mean tricks Mother Nature plays on us on an almost regular basis. Tonight it was thunderstorms and heavy downpours all the way home.



Inside our little cafe, we were warm and cozy. Miss Prodigy was showing me how to turn a heel on her toe-up socks. Her explanation made my head hurt. She already talks knit fluently while it's still all Greek to me.



She wasn't the only one knitting socks. We had a needle emergency when one of these needles decided to go missing as they so often do. After a frantic search it was located where sock needles always go, in between the couch cushions.



There was a lot of oohing and aahing over this yarn that was being knit into a pretty cabled headband. It was very soft. Of course, I've forgotten what it is and where it came from (Hobby Lobby?). I need to take better notes.



I was being a bad blogger tonight because I was busy. Earlier that evening, I had bought 20 pairs of flip flops (50 cents a pair at Old Navy!) for an upcoming bridal shower. I was trying to figure out how to crochet flowers on them. So far, so good but I only have a few weeks to get all this done and I'm really not very good with a hook. Not yet, anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment