Saturday, July 23, 2011

TdF: Challenge Day



Day 21 of the Tour de Fleece is supposed to be a challenge day. It was a challenge to stay cool. It's 100 degrees with a heat index of 117. It's hot. The outdoor kitties, who are usually skittish could care less if I invade their space for a photo. I confess that I stole this idea from Wandering Cat Studio's last blog post.



The two cats glued to the walkway are Thelma and Louise. Louise has been running in the house to cool off from time to time. She has some sense. Thelma not so much.



Our AC is on it's last legs so even the indoor kitties are doing a good impression of stuffed animals which is fine by me.



As for spinning, I got out the Russian support spindle for a challenge. I still have not got the hang of it. I may never. It's like patting your head while rubbing your stomach.



Early in the morning, I also made myself sit down and ply the leftover singles of Jacob into a decent yarn. The stuff I rushed through to make the 12:00 midnight Tour post deadlines every night is pretty bad and this sweet Jacob deserves better. Much better.

2 comments: