Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Spending the Morning with Jacob



That Jacob fleece that I bought at the festival is amazing. I have had to rethink how I am going to wash it.



I usually just throw Jacob in a lingerie bag and hope for the best but I think I want to keep that lock structure and I needed something to hold it together. I have nylon net bags that I pin together but this morning I decided to reinforce all the little pockets with stitches.



It was a bit of a squeeze getting the locks in but they did fit.



These are the Corriedale locks. I made enough bags to be able to wash 2 Jacob and 2 Corriedale batches at one time.



The wool I had washed earlier in my lingerie bags was dry enough to handle so I combed it with my mini combs to see what it would do.



It did very nicely, so I took my big combs and a diz out in the shade to make some nests for spinning. Repeat this by a hundred and I may have it all done one day.

No comments:

Post a Comment