Saturday, May 14, 2011

More Fun in the Sun



Sunny weather means I have a place to dry wet wool so I got out the bags of new stuff to wash up a bit.



The Corriedale locks are as big as my hand.



The Jacob locks are the longest I have ever seen.



I separated the Jacob by color.



And gave them a bubble bath in the sink with some Kookaburra Wool Wash. Ewwww....the water was nasty.



The Corrie had to soak overnight in cold water because the tips were very dirty and hard.



The Jacob washed very nicely. The white became very bright.



The Corrie turned out nicely as well. The locks lost some of their shape and crimp. I am hoping they will comb out easily once they are dry. After fighting all year with that greasy Cormo, I am looking forward to something that will draft without a struggle.



The Jacob dried quickly and fluffed up into a big mound of fuzz. I would love to spin it but I don't have a wheel open at the moment. That means I really need to get to work and finish what I started months ago. I've got a lot to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment