Thursday, February 24, 2011

Quilting Bee Part 2



We ended our first session with no idea how we were going to finish the thing. No matter what we tried, the machine was turning the layers into an ugly mess. Hand quilting was looking like our only option.



I took it all home and dug around the stash room until I located my old quilting materials. I found my hoop, one needle and a very small amount of quilting thread left on a very old spool.



I had no marking pens or chalk so I used a roll of masking tape to mark some lines following the seams and tried to remember how to get the needle to do what it is supposed to do. It is not the finest quilting job in the world but it is not turning out too badly. I have to admit I am enjoying it. Coincidentally, the new Connecting Threads catalog showed up in the mailbox today and I am sorely tempted now to start a project of my very own.

No comments:

Post a Comment