Saturday, December 4, 2010

December Blues



I woke up this morning and realized I didn't have a blog post for today. I usually post a few days ahead so I was surprised that I forgot to do a posting.



Then I remembered what I have been doing.



Baking, decorating, shopping-doing my best to get jolly at a time of year that for me is always a minefield of mixed emotions.



My mother and grandmother were the queens of Christmas and since they both left us right around this time of year, it has never been the same. My grandmother passed away right on Christmas Day and sometimes it feels like she took the holiday with her.



Finding something to celebrate and be thankful for helps to raise the spirit so that alone now, I can make merry for the family that is counting on me. It can be a heavy burden when you have a heavy heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment