Friday, November 12, 2010

Labor of Love Revisited



A while back I posted about the quilt my dad had started, using scraps he found in my mother's sewing basket. I had been helping him put his hexagons together until my tummy troubles forced me to give up anything I had to bend forward to do. I just can't seem to sew sitting up straight. Since my surgery I have been able to spend a few minutes a day doing some of the things I had given up like spinning, weaving and quilting. The loom is still empty but I have been trying to put a few pieces on the quilt each day. Today marks 8 years that we said our last goodbyes to Mom. It seems like only yesterday. It has been more than 30 years since she used this material to make maternity tops for me in anticipation of her first grandchild. Time flies but it certainly doesn't heal all wounds. Some are just too deep. Miss you, Mom.

1 comment: