Monday, October 4, 2010

Epic Failure



I am not an inexperienced lace knitter. I know the tricks. I know the pitfalls. A while back, I spent a small fortune ($30) on a lovely ball of gossamer weight yarn and attempted to cast on a small shawl using what I would consider an easy pattern.



After the third attempt at getting to row 2, my temper got the best of me and with a not so gentle yank of the offending yarn to frog it, managed to snap my size 1 Harmony needle in half. Poor thing. It was the nasty old yarn I was trying to break-not the needles. You have to be out of your mind to knit with stuff as skinny as this. It defies being told what to do by yarn markers. It makes stitches that you knit and purl together disappear. You can't even get a good stitch count when yarnovers are involved. AND you CAN'T tink back. This is the biggest yarn fit I have thrown in quite a while. I'm going to put it in timeout for a while and worry about it later.

No comments:

Post a Comment