Tuesday, August 3, 2010

New Trick



I get so excited when I learn something new. I have to thank You Tube once again for showing me how to use the stuff I already have in a crazy new way. I have a carder and I have a diz and if you use the two together you can make a big pile of roving in no time at all. Who knew?



The trick is to coordinate the rolling of the drum with the motion of the diz which is not so easy with carders with handles like mine. I could not come up with one long continuous strand. That's going to take a bit of practice.



I don't spin from one continuous strand anyway so it doesn't really bother me but I still want to learn to do it. This lovely pile of fluff is my Cormo, believe it or not. I have slaved for a month combing it out and today I just piled it on the carder and voila...done.



I just couldn't stand anymore white so I threw a little dye on it to match the little batt I made out of the Cormo yesterday. It looks like the dog's breakfast here, but it is spinning up rather nicely.

Here's a link to that video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1qkhSsbkGrk&feature=related

No comments:

Post a Comment