Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Better Late Than Never



One of my 2010 Tour de Fleece projects is finally starting to get somewhere.




After trying everything I could to turn my giant bag of Cormo into something knit-able, I FINALLY have something to show for it. My little Golding spindle turned out this tiny skein of lace weight which is not too shabby considering the condition of the wool after I nearly ruined it.

The Ashford Traditional wheel still has the Cormo that is being spun into a DK weight, but I am still a half a bobbin shy of being able to ply. Flicking and spinning from each and every lock is very slow going.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, lovely! It is better late than never, and Cormo is fun, isn't it? I have a two ounce sample that I've been picking at.. I separated the locks and washed them, but haven't gotten much further. What wouldn't separate nicely into obvious locks, I carded and it got all neppy, but I spun it anyway and have about 25 yards of chain-plied yarn. It's so sproingy!! I'm thinking of flick-carding the rest, but there's always so much to work on. I'll get there when I get there.

    I can't wait to see how your Cormo comes out!

    ReplyDelete