Saturday, July 24, 2010

Tour de Fleece Update



My goal was to wash, comb and spin as much of this bag of Cormo as possible.



I started out the Tour by washing a 5 gallon bucket full.



The weather was very uncooperative. 100 degree days. High humidity. Whenever I got the slightest break in temperature, I set the fan up on the deck and worked like crazy to get something done.



Separating the greasy locks for washing was a total joy but pots of steaming water was not.



Although I did not do a lot during the Tour this year I learned a lot about Cormo. It's so fragile. It turns to cotton candy after washing so combing is a slow and careful process. So far, I have 3/4 of a bobbin full of spun fiber and 1 and 1/2 spindles full. Not much to show, I'm afraid, for a month's worth of work. In fact, I'm not going to bother even taking a photo of all those boring white singles. Not yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment