Thursday, April 15, 2010

Maryland Sheep and Wool



I have not yet made peace with my new camera but I decided to go ahead and record my handspun Swallowtail's half-assed blocking adventure anyway. This is the wool I bought and began spindling on the car ride home from last year's MD S &W. As usual, I declared this the ugliest thing ever for the entire time I was working on it. I owe it an apology. It is pretty. The colors are not the best choice, true, but it still works, even with those pesky semi-visible nupps.

I also always love to whine and complain about my blocking skills, so here goes: They are terrible, even with all my fancy new blocking equipment. As soon as I post this I am going to go fix that middle section. That photo is driving me crazy. I just don't have the patience to coax out every little yarnover to mathematical perfection. After all, I am just going to tie this thing around my waist and prance around the muddy fairgrounds at this year's festival which, is only weeks away.



If you are going, you'll be able to pick me out of the crowd now. I'll also be wearing my "Hello My Name is Araignee" button just in case this is the year for wonky colored Swallowtails.

1 comment:

  1. That is so pretty, I love the color combination. Make sure to post a picture of it either wrapped around your waist or over your shoulders when you get a chance.

    ReplyDelete