Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Serious Bummer



Spoiler Alert: If you are the only person left in the world who has NOT read this book or the Harry Potter books yet, go away and come back later because I am about to totally ruin them for you.

I bought this book several years ago after hearing lots of good things about it but it ended up forgotten amid my bazillions of other knitting books. In my ignorance, this Christmas I downloaded the holiday sequel from audible and then went on to read the first installment so I would have a clue as to what was what.
For crying out loud could someone PLEASE explain to me how there are 2 more books in the series when the main character DIES in the first book? I am so bummed by Georgia Walker's sudden death that I have no interest in continuing with the rest of the series. I suppose someone will say that it is about the bond formed by the other knitters in overcoming their loss, but jeezy peezy the woman owned her OWN knitting shop. You just CAN'T kill off someone who owns that much stuff left to knit. It really shook me up.

That book should have come with a warning like this:

1 comment:

  1. What's really sad is I expected it. The author spent so much time investing you in the character, you had to know it was coming.

    And I'm usually a complete dunce about these things.

    I'm not touching the rest of the books, that's for sure.

    ReplyDelete