Thursday, February 25, 2010

Redemption



The very first fleece I ever washed was a Jacob. I tortured that poor fiber into a giant ratty mess. I did however manage to get enough usable wool to spin a pair of socks that I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE. Since then, I have learned a great deal about handling raw fleece correctly. Dumping it into the bathtub is NOT the right way, no matter who tells you to do that. Washing small amounts in net bags IS the right and ONLY way to manage it in a home setting without losing your mind AND ruining the fleece. Now that I have made myself clear on that matter, here is another pound of Jacob that will the first fleece I wash as soon as the weather is warm enough. This stuff will be treated with tender loving care because I really need another pair or two of Jacob socks. Thanks to those socks, I could wear my Crocs all winter, even in 30 inches of snow.

No comments:

Post a Comment