Friday, February 19, 2010

Just Awful!



This was supposed to be my Valentine's Day post, showing off my new cheerful pink and red scarf that I made out of some leftovers I had laying around. I should have known better. If you don't start with quality materials you usually end up with something pretty awful no matter how hard you work at it. Although I have used Lion Brand's Homespun on my little loom several times with fairly decent results, I just learned the hard way that if you do not pair it with a quality yarn for the warp, the resulting material feels as stiff as burlap. Since this thing is NOT going around my neck, I think I'll cut it up and practice hemming the ends since I am getting tired of everything ending with so much fringe. I would like to try some placemats or dish towels someday but those hemmed ends scare the stuffing out of me. Sacrificing this monstrosity should hopefully give me the courage to take the scissors to better things.

No comments:

Post a Comment