Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Finally Finished!



Those pesky Thermal Socks I have been working on since last August are DONE. I discovered that I hate knitting textured socks as much as I dislike wearing them. I started these in the Sock Innovation frenzy of last summer. While anxiously awaiting my copy of Cookie A's new book to get here, I started these. A definite UGH, but I am proud of myself for getting to the finish line. So proud that I am including TWO glam shots to show the wretched things off.




They were originally intended as guy socks but when put on they have a distinctly light and lacy feel about them in spite of their lumberjack colorway. I'm afraid these are going to the back of the sock drawer for those days when I need to remind myself I CAN knit more than plain vanilla socks. Can. Won't.

1 comment:

  1. Well if you are done I know a Kitty that could use a sweater, she's naked and cold.

    ReplyDelete